The Breyers Inspirations claims to add "a touch of real cream" to the yogurt to add to the taste and texture. The two new flavors, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Cherry Chocolate Chip, have hit grocery store shelves.
I purchased a package of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough to taste because it was the more unusual of the two flavors for yogurt. It is made with a vanilla yogurt with chocolate and cookie dough flavored pieces added to it. The yogurt itself is very good. It is creamier than other yogurts and has a pleasant taste. However, its flavor does overpower the chocolate and cookie dough flavored pieces, and while I don't expect the cookie dough flavored bits to taste exactly like cookie dough, they didn't seem to have any taste at all.
After taking a look at the Breyers website and the nutrition facts of all of the flavors, the Strawberry and Vanilla Bean flavors contain the lowest fat (this is to be expected because all of the other flavors contain chocolate pieces). Knowing this and having tasted the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, I'd suggest buying either the Strawberry or Vanilla Bean simply because I didn't get much taste from the flavored pieces but enjoyed the taste and texture of the yogurt.
Image from Breyers Yogurt.

0 comments:
Post a Comment